Aggregate (non-personal) information is data that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person (i.e. it’s anonymous).
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Give as you Bet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you ever provide information by using this website by which you can be identified by Give as you Bet, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Give as you Bet hold a very minimal amount of information on people who visit the website.
Give as you Bet may collect the following information:
In general we may collect aggregate (non-personal) information about your search terms that you input on browsers and other web-sites. For example, we use website analytics tools (Google Analytics specifically) on our site to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site and the pages you view within our site. Sometimes we may also use technologies, such as cookies (see below), to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Give as you Bet. Additionally, we collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses.
In regards to personal information if you choose to opt in to sign-up to our e-newsletter services or similar contact services we may hold the following additional personal information about you:
- contact information such as email address
You will not receive contact from Give as you Bet unless you choose to opt in to hear from us. After opting in you can choose to not receive further contact at any time. You can opt out of such emails and other contact services by using the opt out links provided or contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to opt-in to hear from us examples of emails you may receive include general news about Give as you Bet, news about new affiliates joining the Give as you Bet website and donation updates.
We will not send you junk email or spam.
What does Give as you Bet do with information we gather:
Aggregate (non-personal) information and data from Google Analytics will be stored initially for a period of 50 months. This may be extended depending on the requirements of the business in the future, where-by this policy will be updated accordingly.
Personal information and data will be stored for a period of 24 months, unless the user has consented (opted in) to receive on-going information from us. Such users personal information and data will then be stored until 24 months after they choose to request not to receive (opt-out of) further contact from us.
Generally, aggregate (non-personal) information is only stored by Give as you Bet and monitored in a way to to drive the equivalent search to the Give as you Bet website. The types of information we gather are required to better understand our users needs and in the long-term to provide our users with a better service.
In some cases we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose anonymous (non-personal information) for any purpose. The following are some examples of anonymous (non-personal information) that we collect and how it may be used:
- Statistics in the form of the number of searches and volume of sign-ups to specific third party sites will be collected for the purpose of data analysis. This type of data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you. This type of data is used by Give as you Bet to provide and improve products and services and update interested third party’s on growth of the website.
- Monitor traffic patterns in order to improve our services, to help monitor sign-ups and affiliate payments.
- Collect information regarding Give as you Bet users search activities. This information is aggregated and used to understand which parts of our website and third party websites, products, and services are of most interest.
In regard to personal information in particular we use information gathered for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping and auditing
- improving of services through research and data analysis
- periodic promotional emails about updates, new affiliate sites which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Emails will only ever be sent to those who have opted in to receive them.
- market research purposes. It may be possible that Give as you Bet contacts you by email to request information on your opinions regarding the website and concept if you have opted in to the e-newsletters.
Personal information is only collected from users who have opted into receive information via email and/or social media sites.
Security of information
Although no website can ever guarantee the complete safety of your information Give as you Bet endeavors to ensure that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have installed suitable electronic procedures and adopted various administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard and secure information collected on the website or via email-newsletter sign-ups. Give as you Bet updates these procedures regularly and attempts to maintain the most reasonable up-to-date protections possible with the resources we have.
We will not pass your details on to any other third parties, unless specifically requested to do so by you, for fraud prevention measures or if we are legally requested to do so. Any details passed on will not be used for marketing or any other purposes.
For a really great overview of what cookies are and how they work please visit All About Cookies.
The Give as you Bet site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how our users use the site and ways that we can improve user experience.
For further information on Google Analytics cookies you can click here.
You can choose to accept or decline the cookies on the Give as you Bet website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, however, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Give as you Bet website.
Links to external websites
Please also refer to the Terms and Conditions page of the Give as you Bet website.
Please be aware that Give as you Bet cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and all third party sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable every website you visit.
Controlling your personal information
If you choose to do so you can restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time and email us at email@example.com
- you can request details of personal information which Give as you Bet hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Personal information may include contact details. Please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information. Please be aware that unless you have consented (opted in) to receive email newsletters or otherwise be connected us via social media channels or in a similar way we are unlikely to hold any personal information about you at all. We also may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. For safety purposes you will be required to show proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill). You should also state clearly what personal data you would like access to;
- if you believe that any information Give as you Bet is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete you can email us at email@example.com and we will update the information accordingly
Give as you Bet will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Further information regarding privacy